- Steri-Fab® may be applied to any inanimate (non-living) surface. No other product registered with the US EPA can make these claims: Virucide ~ Bactericide ~ Sanitizer ~ Insecticide ~ Deodorant ~ Germicide ~ Disinfectant ~ Mildewcide ~ Fungicide.
- Steri-Fab® is effective against most gram negative and gram positive and odor causing bacteria as well as insects, fungus, mold and mildew.
- Excellent for deodorizing and controlling odor on carpets, pillows and upholstered furniture.
- Provides for bacteriostatic, fungistatic and deodorization during restoration (smoke damage, water damage, sewage backup) processes.
- Disinfects and deodorizes restrooms.
- One of the only products labeled for control of dust mites.
- One of the only products labeled for lice control on various surfaces.
- One of the only non-residual products labeled for bed bugs on mattresses.
- Dries in 15-20 minutes at room temperature, is biodegradable, and leaves no residue or active ingredients.
- Can be sprayed on everything except people, animals and cooking utensils.
- Highly effective against roaches, fleas, ticks, lice, bedbugs, conenose and a host of other insects.
Types of facilities that purchase Steri-Fab®:
Schools, day care centers, hospitals, emergency rooms, ambulance companies, homeless shelters, office complexes, veterinarians, animal kennels, hotels, motels, churches, retirement homes, day camps, sleep-away camps, dormitories, homeowners, trailer parks, bus lines, police departments, jails, used furniture stores, thrift stores and others.
Frequent Q & A about Steri-Fab®:
Q: Why should a potential customer who only wants an insecticide be interested in a product like Steri-Fab®, which also kills bacteria, fungus, virus, etc?
A: It is as rare for an environment to only need a disinfectant as it is for it to only need an insecticide. Conditions that require insecticides are often breeding grounds for many types of bacteria, fungus, germs, odors and mildew.
Q: Steri-Fab® makes so many claims, how can this amazing product not be residual?
A: Steri-Fab® is a combination of synthetic pyrethroid, a dual quat, isopropyl alcohol and water. When the product dries (15 to 20 minutes at room temperature) it is no longer active.
Q: Can Steri-Fab® be sold for home and or office use directly by the customer?
A: Steri-Fab® is not a restricted-use product, and as such, can be sold to the end user.
Q: Why doesn’t Steri-Fab® contain fragrance and or dyes?
A: Steri-Fab® is fragrance free and dye free so after the product dries, only the person who applied it will be aware that it has been sprayed.
Q: Does Steri-Fab® need to be diluted?
A: No, it is ready-to-use.
Q: How much Steri-Fab® should I use?
A: Usage per double bed (mattress & box spring) is approximately 6-8 ounces. Steri-Fab® is sold in pint bottles w/sprayer, 1-gallon and 5-gallon containers. One gallon covers approximately 1,500 square feet.
Steri-Fab® is excellent for use on items that other products are not suitable for. You can spray Steri-Fab® directly on furniture, lockers, cabinets, drawers, carpets, car interiors, animal bedding/cages, beds, bus seats, mattresses and box springs, pillows, quilts, blankets, stuffed animals and toys, etc. Steri-Fab® may also be used to sanitize and deodorize restrooms and locker rooms, dorms, clinics, trash containers and many other areas.
One of the only non-residual products labeled for bed bugs on mattresses and upholstered furniture.
At Major Supply, we are proud to introduce this product to our customers. We have done our homework and have found this product to be heavily used in the health care industry, the used furniture resale business and other areas that have a need for a higher level of sanitation. We have never found a product that has such a wide variety of uses.
During our research of this product, we found that the State of Ohio Department of Commerce, along with six other states, require that the following companies sterilize and sanitize:
- Companies that rent or resale medical equipment such as hospital beds, wheelchairs or any other type of equipment filled with any type of batting material.
- Companies that rent or resale any type of upholstered furniture.
- Companies that rent or resale any type of bedding, pillows, stuffed toys, quilts, baby items such as strollers, car seats, etc.
- Companies that rent RVs and campers.
The State of Ohio has tested this product extensively and concludes that it should be used to sterilize all of the above named items.
We have faith in this product and highly recommend it for facilities such as nursing homes, hospitals, police stations (for use in jails and cars), prisons, drug and rehabilitation facilities, hotels and motels, homeless shelters, day car centers, schools and clinics. The product is completely inactive after the drying period and therefore will not harm people or animals.